11.20.2011

festival fun

Sundays well spent fill my heart with all kinds of happy. Today was particularly special as we spent the day scouting festivals. To start, a Polish festival in Federation Square and finishing with a Spanish street festival on Johnston St. These two events sandwiched a very exciting visit to Madame Brussels for a quick iced coffee while the sun was a blazin'.



The Polish festival provided us with some great quality blood sausage sauerkraut combinations but was very much lacking in the Pierogi department. Our friend went as far to say the pierogi he was eating was "a very bad version of a Chinese dumpling". As a devout Pierogi fan I was mortified to hear this news. So disbelieving that Pierogi's could ever taste anything but delicious that I endeavor to create some at home over the next few weeks in order to change his mind about them. Hopefully I get the chance to re-pop his Pierogi cherry and give them the reputation they deserve.

  

Madame Brussels is ambrosial in every sense of the word. I sat sipping on my iced coffee whilst perched upon a pink PVC stool, sharing a turf-clad rooftop bar with fellow Madame Brussels goers. There was the option of a delightfully coloured parasol to shade ourselves from the sunshine. Preppy, Pimms filled pitcher carrying waiters made it feel very much how I imagined a garden party in Cape Cod would feel.


The weather was jusssst right, and the combination of my two favourite things (food and cultural outings) ensured my Sunday couldn't have been better*. 


tucking into soft tacos.





*Aside from being back in NZ celebrating my dear old grandparents joint 80th birthday bash. Thank you Melbourne for keeping my mind off the cold hard facts of being far away from my beautiful family at a special time like today.
X

No comments:

Post a Comment