4.09.2013

hectic days.

A few months ago I was struggling with a chaotic job and a toxic work environment.

In the past month since resigning from my full-time day job I have embarked on a lifestyle change. I obtained two permanent part-time jobs allowing me 2 days to be flexible with my choices for work and how I'd like to spend my week. If it weren't for my incredible Mr encouraging me to follow what felt best for me, I think I'd still be stuck in the same rut. Too many of us (myself included) put too much emphasis on having our jobs define our existence when what really counts are the things we do once we're not working. If our jobs are tiring us to the point where making time for friends or doing what we love after work is no longer our priority, we know we gotta shake it up.

Things felt pretty grim for a while back there until I took a leap of faith and resigned without looking back. I'm sure these opportunities would never have presented themselves had I not have made that crucial change. As it turns out, just this morning I received an email offering casual work and just finished another call offering me a job at a periodontal practice.

Let's just say it feels incredible to be wanted, I feel so lucky to have these amazing work opportunities. I know all of us at times can get complacent in our jobs and lifestyles. If you're prepared to make a change so much positive can come from it.

On that note I'm going to pop my Katy Perry DVD in the player and make a start on this sweet and sticky stew for dinner.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment