4.22.2013

i cook.

oreo fudge cake

 

I don't really need much of an excuse to get my bake on, especially when the occasion calls for birthday cake.

It was a special cake for a special lady and the only lead was that chocolate was the preferred flavour. I find chocolate cake pretty boring in general, so I decided to get all oreo up in there.

clink link to read more...


I used a trusty old Annabel Langbein recipe, rightly named - ultimate chocolate cake. I thought it was 2 things, incredibly easy to follow and very tasty. For the oreo filling and icing I just sort of adapted it as I went along. Below is a fairly similar guide to what I did, admittedly I'm not a strict recipe follower so I encourage you to make any changes necessary.

Ultimate Chocolate Cake
3 cups self-raising flour
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
3/4 cup cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
200g butter (softened)
1 cup milk
3 large eggs
1 cup boiling hot coffee

set oven to 160 degrees Celsius
whiz all the ingredients together in a food processor
bake for 1 hour


Oreo Fudge Filling
1 packet of crushed oreo cookies
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup butter (softened)

whiz all ingredients together in a food processor until it resembles a peanut butter consistency
set aside in the fridge until ready for use 

Butter Icing
1/3 cup butter (softened)
2 cups icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
milk if required to adjust consistency

  • cut chocolate cake to make 2 thinner layers (1 top, 1 bottom)
  • spread the bottom layer with the oreo fudge filling once cake has completely cooled down to room temperature
  • add top of cake with light pressure to ensure you don't squeeze filling out the sides
  • ice the entire cake with butter icing and a piping bag and crumble about 5 oreo cookies over the top of the cake. I included 2 complete cookies on the top for the sake of being obvious about what flavour it was
 
 
Enjoy 
X


No comments:

Post a Comment