4.14.2013

thoughtful mamma.

Friday night we dined at modern Italian Il Bacaro. Every course was a party in my mouth, I think I even dreamed about my indulgences last night. 

I left the restaurant with 2 things.  

1. A lot less $ than when I walked in 

2. Inspiration to cook more and be creative with ingredients I haven't yet tampered with


Conveniently my Mum sent over a package from NZ with my Aunty and Uncle containing two new cookbooks. She just couldn't get more thoughtful.




Look at these beautiful cooking books from Kiwi land. One is a woman Miss Melicious who makes tasty and quirky sweet treats out in West Auckland. I've read a lot about her and knew her name was a buzz word thanks to facebook. Bring on the baking.

The other book is a collection of recipes from notable Kumeu restaurant Bees Online. As you would have guessed the leading theme throughout this book is honey and the recipes look both creative and tasty. I may have seen a baklava recipe.

Thank you mum, love my prezzies you know me so well.
X

No comments:

Post a Comment